IFF strengthens its natural ingredients portfolio through Frutarom acquisition

April 30, 2019 | Case Study

International Flavors and Fragrances (IFF) is a key player in the flavors and fragrances (F&F) space, with annual revenue of about $3.4 billon. The company’s "Flavors" segment accounts for around 48% of revenue, and its "Fragrances" segment accounts for the remaining 52%. The company has followed an aggressive expansion strategy since 2014 by acquiring several smaller-sized players in the fragrance and ingredients space. IFF has been keen on expanding its product portfolio related to natural ingredients, in line with its Vision 2020 strategy. As part of this strategy, IFF agreed to acquire midsized Israeli company Frutarom for $7.1 billion in the biggest-ever F&F industry deal to date. In October 2018, it completed the Frutarom acquisition.

About Lux Research

Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.

Already a Lux Client?

Sign In

Interested in Learning More?

Contact us to learn the benefits of becoming a Lux member.

Or call us now

For North America (Boston Headquarters)
+1 (617) 502-5300

For EMEA (Amsterdam)
+31 20 280 7900

For APAC (Singapore)
+65 6592-6978